Blues Fest 2012: Things You NEED To Know
Did you know that advance tickets can STILL BE purchased through 7/9? Buy them either online at www.kvba.org or at any of the following locations:
- The 411 Club, Kalamazoo
- C&M Precious Metals, Battle Creek
- ECCU – all 7 Branch locations
- Green Light Music, Kalamazoo
- Love Vintage Guitars, Marshall
- Marshall Music, Portage
- State Theater Box Office, Kalamazoo
- The Union, Kalamazoo
- West Michigan Blues Society (WMBS), Grand Rapids
Did you know that, in addition to all the great performances, Friday and Saturday will feature special Blues Workshops, featuring local performers and music experts, free to all attendees?
- Friday 7:00 pm: Blues Harmonica (free harmonicas for all attendees!)
- Saturday 2:00 pm: BUILD YOUR OWN CIGAR BOX GUITAR! – NEW THIS YEAR!!
- Sat 3:30 pm: Blues Guitar (Bring your own guitar)
- Sat 5:00 pm: Bass and Drums
- Sat 6:00 pm: Blues Song Structure
- Sat 7:30: Slide Guitar Seminar
Did you know that on Saturday from noon until 5:00 pm there will be special events in the children’s tent, including creating your own tie-dye t-shirt, pet rock painting, sidewalk painting, face painting, and much, much more?
Did you know that on the opening day of the Festival, Thursday July 12, the 411 Club will host the Blues Jam of the Year? Featuring Kalamazoo’s own Out of Favor Boys and an ever-changing array of talent, this will be an event not to be missed! Don’t let the fun end when the last performer leaves the stage, head on over to Kalamazoo’s Home of the Blues!
Did you know that “Bands of the KVBA”, a 15-month calendar featuring performance photos of each of the KVBA member bands, will be on sale for the first time at the Festival? Don’t miss this chance to get your copy of a unique souvenir of your local blues favorites!
There’s so much to see, and do, and hear at this year’s Blues Festival, and it’s all happening July 12, 13, and 14 at the Arcadia Festival Site in Kalamazoo. Don’t miss it!